Discover Great Start

You’ve found a new home that you love and you’re ready to buy. It’s a dream come true and, if you thought it couldn’t get any better, it can! Thanks to our Great Start scheme, you can buy your dream property for just 80% of the price.

Why Great start?

The Great Start scheme is designed to ensure your finances go that little bit further when buying a new home. We understand that there are so many financial elements when it comes to purchasing a property, which is why we came up with a way to ease the pressure and help you buy the perfect home.
5% deposit. New Home. 100% yours.

With a helping hand from us.

Who is the scheme available to?

Great Start is available to anyone purchasing one of our homes to live in. It is only available in selected locations and on selected properties, so speak to one of our sales advisors to find out which homes are eligible.


Great Start in 4 easy steps

Step 1:

You put down a 5% deposit.

Step 2:

You receive a 20% equity loan from Morris Homes, interest free for 5 years.

Step 3:

You only need a 75% mortgage.

Step 4:

Your dream home is 100% yours.

How does Great Start work?

Once you’ve found the Morris home you’re looking for, you can secure it by paying a reservation fee and a deposit of 5% of the overall purchase price. You’ll then need to take out a mortgage for 75% of the price.

Now that you’ve paid 80% of the price for your new property, we’ll complete the process by providing you with an equity loan for the remaining 20%, which is completely interest-free for the first five years.

After the first five years, you’ll be charged a fee of 1.75% of the loan value, which will increase year on year by the retail price index plus 1%. The remaining 20% is paid back at the market value after 25 years or when you sell your home – whichever is sooner.

Settling up early?

If you decide to pay the 20% equity loan back earlier, you can make a minimum payment of a quarter of the 20% balance, or the full amount, at any time. This will be subject to market valuation.

Is there any flexibility in the repayment time?

We treat everyone as individuals, so if for any reason you’re struggling to repay the 20% equity loan within the 25 years, we’ll review your case and consider extending your loan period for a maximum of an additional five years.

Anything else?

Great Start is a great way to buy your new home and furnish it the way you’ve always dreamed, without the headache of finances looming over you. Your new home will be 100% yours, with a helping hand from us.
5% deposit. New Home. 100% yours.

With a helping hand from us.